Updated on April 8, 2017
Cool Herbed Potato Salad
I made this cool herbed potato salad earlier in the week and it’s definitely giving me all the summer feels now that a spring storm rolled in for the weekend. Big damper on birthday plans. My birthday is coming up in a few days and I’m hoping to celebrate with some sunshine. In the meantime, this herbed potato salad and blended strawberry margarita spread will brighten up my mood.
This potato salad is super simple, gluten and dairy-free, and doesn’t include onions or garlic making it Low FODMAP friendly! I particularly love the whole-grain mustard I used in this recipe. I found Beaufor Whole-Grain Mustard at a local health-food store and love its limited ingredient list…water, mustard seeds, vinegar, and salt. Seriously can’t get much better than that! If you’re not making it on your own, a good rule of thumb is to always look for products that have a short list of ingredients (5 or less), and especially ones that you can pronounce ;). You definitely want to stay away from things that sound like they could be a chemical. Chances are, they aren’t natural and the product is over-processed.
You can make this recipe as a meal-prep item, as I did this week, or as an easy make-ahead side to bring along to your next barbecue. There were leftovers from our barbecue on Monday so I used some as a topper for my salad at work the next few days. Flavorful and added the perfect weight to an otherwise light salad.
Hope wherever you are there’s some sunshine brightening up your weekend! If not, you’ll just have to make this cool herbed potato salad with a side of blended strawberry margarita! (Margarita recipe coming soon- and I’ll have to give my boyfriend credit for that one).
xoxo, Kylie ♥
The Food Mermaid
- 1 – 1 ½ lb’s ruby red potatoes
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 4 scallions, green part only, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain, mustard, I used Beaufor Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse and chop potatoes in half, quarters if large.
- Place in steamer over medium high heat and cook until just fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- While potatoes are cooling chop the parsley and scallions. In a small bowl combine the greens with the olive oil, mustard, apple cider vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Transfer the cooled potatoes into a medium serving bowl and pour the sauce over them. Lightly fold to coat all potatoes and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.